Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I got a hot tip for ya...

I couldn't stand it any longer.  I have been trying to resist putting up my Halloween and Fall decor until the 1st of October, but seeing all of the amazing ideas on Pinterest and other blogs forced my hand.  I made this  Halloween wreath last year...
but sadly, it wasn't nearly as perky or cute after sitting smushed in a box all year.  It needed a little sprucing. I decided it was too scrunchy and it needed some more room to breath, so I took out the hanger and then added another hanger to it making a larger wreath "form".  Rethreaded the fabric onto the larger form and am liking the look much better.  But the happy bow (yes, that's like the happy trees and clouds that Bob Ross painted) at the top needed some help and since I am world's laziest person, I decided I'd do what I always do with small things that need to be ironed - I used my hair straightener!
Yep - that's my hot tip for you today.
Have a ribbon or fabric bow that needs ironing?  How about a drawstring on a gathered top or skirt?  Or a sash on a dress?  Or maybe an odd part of your shirt tail that won't cooperate?  Or you want your collar to stand just a little straighter?  Just clamp and pull it through your hair straightener to sneak in some quick, on-the-spot ironing.  No big ironing board to set up or take down!  No accidental water spots from the wrong setting on your iron? (or am I the only one who's spilled the water from my iron onto my clothes?)
Tada!  
Perked up wreath complete with freshly pressed bow!
Promise - WWWW will come.  Just a bit later...stay tuned!

XO,
A

3 comments:

Brave Brooke said...

This is a great tip! I've done it to ribbons but never thought to actually do it to fabric. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jaimee said...

I would have NEVER thought to do that, but it actually sounds like a great time-saver! LOVE a great tip!
: )
Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

malia said...

great idea and beautiful too!