Sunday, August 14, 2011

Comfort Food: World's Best Tuna Casserole Recipe

Today my family needed some comfort food and this TOP SECRET family recipe is just the thing we all needed.   I thought I'd share the one recipe I've been making for years, that my family just loves.  It's one my mother has made since college.  It's cheap and fast and easy to make and is the perfect thing to have on days you just want to eat something yummy - not fancy, not healthy, not "pretty" - just yummy.

Grab yourself the following:
2 boxes Mac N Cheese
2 large cans tuna
4 eggs
can of French Fried Onions
mayo, yellow mustard, salt and pepper

Prepare both boxes of Mac N Cheese as called for on the box, except only use 1/4 cup of milk (instead of the 1/2 C. you would need for making 2 boxes).

Hard boil your eggs  **I toss my eggs into the noodles as they are boiling to save time and pots**

Mix in 1 cup of mayo and a healthy squirt (almost a tablespoon) of mustard
Drain and add tuna to Mac N Cheese mix
Peel and chop hard boiled eggs and add to mix
Season with some salt and pepper
Place into casserole dish and sprinkle top with French Fried Onions
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Plate it up with some green beans and chow down!
I'm off to cuddle on the couch with the hubs and kids for the rest of the evening!  

Hope you have a terrific rest of your Sunday!  Hugs!

No comments: