Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Apple Nachos on Tuesday

Hi guys!  How's your week going?  For some reason I've been inspired to have "Cool Snack Week" this week at our house.  Ever get a wild hair and do different things in your home?  I was hoping I could earn some extra Cool Mom Points I guess.  Anyhoo - thought I'd share what snacks we are trying in the It's Toile Good casa!

Monday we had this divine deliciousness!
Peanut Butter and Honey Popcorn!  
Let's just say it was like a Popcorn Payday candy bar!  It was awesome!  How do I know you ask?  Didn't you make these Cool Snacks for your kids?  Well, yes I did.  But for some reason, they didn't eat very much and I was FORCED to eat the remainder.  I was ok with it, but if that's the way all the Cool Snacks go this week - I'm gonna get real fat.  I found this idea on Pinterest, but it comes from the Real Mom Kitchen site.  There are ton of great recipe ideas over there!  Part of why I love Pinterest is because I find all sorts of fun new blogs to read as well as a bajillion great ideas!

Today I made Apple Nachos! These are also from Real Mom Kitchen.
Carter is "Mmm-mmm"ing and licking his fingers right now!  Let me clarify though - I didn't make them like this recipe.  I didn't want to work as hard as I would have to for this version.  My easy version is this..I sliced some Gala Apples and arranged them on a plate.  Then I scooped about a half cup of peanut butter into a Pyrex measuring cup.  Squirted about 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup over top of the PB and then microwaved for about 45 seconds.  Stirred that all together and spooned it over the apples.  Then added the mini chocolate chips.  Was going to add the nut topping too, but I think my littlest threw it in the trash by mistake.  (toddlers?!  ya know?! - kidding)  (kinda)

UPDATE:  Just got a "Mom, make these again sometime.  I really like them." - guess they were a hit!

Tomorrow my girls are with their Mom, so I'm doing a fun appetizer for my husband instead of a fun snack for the kids.  I'm making these Jalapeno Cream Cheese Roll Ups (although I plan on making them with diced green chilis instead of jalapeno's - I just can't follow directions - I'm a rebel in the kitchen!)  Don't they look good?
Found these on Pinterest and are from Tasty Kitchen.


Thursday I am doing this awesome cake...
I LOVE pumpkin and think this will be super yummy and might become my new favorite cooking shortcut!

I'm still deciding on a glaze or frosting.  Have a fave idea for this you want to share?  I'm all ears!
Found this via Pinterest and it's from Big Red Kitchen.






and Friday's I don't cook - so Monday through Thursday is really a week for me!  Ha!
Any Cook Snack ideas you care to share?  
Anything fun you've found off Pinterest?  
Do you write a food blog and want to be featured here on ITG? 
 I'd love to hear all about it!

Happy Tuesday and I'm looking forward to a fun party recap manana!
XO,
A


No comments: