Tuesday, July 19, 2011

my $.75 craft!

Did some MAJOR thrifting this weekend!  I was on the hunt for vintage-y pie and cake pans and tart tins to make a few more of these, but of course found some other fun treasures along the way.  I sampled almost every thrift shop in town and it was tons of fun!

(disclaimer - this is NOT my original idea.  There are many others doing Ballard knock off book bundles out there and I saw this idea for using old paper backs with the dyed pages from another blog as well.  If you are the genius, or know the smarty pants who shared this idea first, please let me know and I would love to give proper credit.)

Anyhoo - I stopped by the Senior Citizens Thrift Store (great place to treasure hunt) and found these great books with green dyed pages for $.50 a piece and they were HALF OFF!  Woohoo!


Ripped the covers off these puppies and a few of the front cover pages.
One of the covers wouldn't come off cleanly, so I just sanded the rest of it off with sandpaper

Tie up with some twine and pop on a bookshelf to add a touch of texture, interest and color!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Ooo I love the colors! Such a simple, sweet craft. Thanks for sharing!