Friday, July 22, 2011

Favorite Fridays and Polite Pinning

Happy Friday y'all!  Hope your day is as awesome as mine has been.  A couple Freecycle pick ups this morning (a bag full of fabric scraps and couple planks of old barn wood) and then a long visit with my BFF and her son.  What have you been up to today?

Thought I'd add a PSA along with today's Favorite Fridays.  As I have confessed a couple times before, I am addicted to Pinning on Pinterest.  I have could spend hours sifting through all the pretty photos, repinning them into neat, organized little categories.  I have found so many inspiring project ideas there.  What's so neat about Pinterest, is that not only can you organize all kinds of project ideas, recipes, fashion and home decor inspirations, etc. into an online scrapbook, all Pinned ideas also contain the link to the original source of the idea.  That brings me to the Polite Pinning topic of today.  Pinning, just as in blogging, requires etiquette.  If you're a Pinner (or if you want to be - leave me a comment with your email and I'll send you an invite), remember to "Pin It' from the original project / idea / recipe website.  Pinterest will automatically add the web link to the top right of each Pinned idea, and by Pinning from the original source, it's guaranteed that proper credit is given.  If you're blogging about an idea from Pinterest, make sure you provide the link to the original website and/or the Pinterest link.  This way, the originator of the idea receives proper credit for their project, recipe, image, etc.  Pinterest provides an outline of proper Pinning etiquette here and addresses correct sources as follows:


Credit Your Sources

Pins are the most useful when they have links back to the original source. If you notice that a pin is not sourced correctly, leave a comment so the original pinner can update the source. Finding the original source is always preferable to a secondary source such as Google Image Search or a blog entry.
I have had a couple of ideas Pinned from It's Toile Good that aren't my projects and have left updated source information in the comments field to establish proper credit.  And that concludes your Polite Pinning PSA for today.  Thank you for your time and attention.  Now back to the fun stuff!  Great ideas that are making me smile and itch to get craftin' - all brought to you via Pinterest!!  (check out all the original sources!!)

Great idea for wreath forms from The Penny Parlor via Pinterest
Love this art because I LOVE that movie!!  (name it and you get 10 gold stars)
This is an awesome Etsy find from The Big Harumph shop via Pinterest.
PRINT - as you wish BLACK LETTERPRESS 8x10
Love th brilliant idea for an outdoor rug found via Pinterest from the Topstail.
Two of my faves married into one amazing looking Key Lime Fudge?  Are. you. kidding?!  
And speaking of combining things I love...how about this neat idea for a summer party?  
Sweeten up a glass of bubbly with a Popsicle.  Idea found via Pinterest by Southern Living!
and on that note, I need a glass of something special for me now.  
Y'all have a super Friday evening!
XO,

2 comments:

Real Life Reslers said...

I've only pinterested (is that a word?) from my phone which means I have just been repinning stuff i liked. does repinning still keep the source intact?

Meredith said...

AAAHHHH Princess Bride!!!!

Who doesn't L.O.V.E. that movie?!?

Haute To Sew