Sunday, June 12, 2011

We're talking parties, people!


First off, I want to say THANK YOU to all those who linked up to the "Third Time's a Charm" Whatcha Workin' With Party!  18 entries and every single one is packed with inspiration and crafty goodness!  Y'all rock and I'm SO grateful for your participation and support to get this party up and off the ground!
Source
Second, I have so much I want to share about my the Robot Rocket 4th Birthday Party we had for my son this weekend.  I've been gathering ideas for this party for a while now, but there were a couple spur of the moment ideas that helped make it a success as well!

I'm sure this isn't news to you, but Picnik is AHHH-Mazing and thanks to all the cool stuff you can do with Picnik, I was able to create the invitation, labels signs and even a photo banner that added a personalized touch to the party.
source
For the last few years, I've had to plan train themed parties for my son and I was O-V-E-R it (there's nothing wrong with train parties and we have had some fun ones, but I was ready for something different).  This year I specifically asked him what other kind of party he might like and he finally decided on two themes: a "space and robot" party.  I have turned to Picnik a few times before to create custom invites using photos I've taken and they have been adorbs!  (I also created our Christmas cards and my business cards using Picnik as well!)  I uploaded a photo taken during a day at our local children's museum as the inspiration for the invitation.  (Isn't that space helmet hilarious?!)

After they were done, I uploaded this "photo" to the Walgreen's photo site and had them printed in an hour.  (Side note:  you do have to fiddle with the spacing around the outer edge of the design because no matter what - the photo gets cut a bit smaller than the design.  The best way I've worked with this is to leave a fair amount of blank space around the edges of the design, upload and preview how the photo will print once it's added to your cart.  Then you can see if any part of the "invite" has been cut off and readjust if need be.)  You can't been custom invitations for $.19 a piece and ready in 1 hour!!

A few other printables I created were the favor box toppers, and the snack and juice signs.  (If you can think of a reason you'd like to use them, please do!)
favor box toppers
snack signs
cooler label
I also created a personalized birthday banner using photos and Picnik stickers.  I used photos I had taken throughout the year and added a "4" to each.  Then created a "happy", "birthday", "Carter"  image and uploaded everything to Walgreens photo site and had the makings for my banner in another hour!  Punched some holes and ran some string through and voila - custom birthday banner!  See the other one I did with mustaches for little brother here!
here's a closer look - behind the UFO's (more on those to come)

And in an effort to keep this from being the LONGEST post in the history of blogs  - I'll continue our party deets manana!  Hope everyone had a killer weekend!  Were you a party person too?

No comments: