Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A little Fourth of July kitche flare

July 4th is my FAVE holiday!  I am dragging out the box-o-decorations today because I've already started the Red-White-and-Blue-ification of the house.  At the Dollar Store this weekend, I grabbed a set of these potholders and dishtowels.
I've wanted to make hanging dishtowels since I saw this post at A Diary Of a Preppy Mom (love her and love her blog!)

In this post, she's written a great tutorial on how to make these adorable kitchen accents! 

I just followed her simple instructions and ta-da!  A July 4th dishtowel to kick off the holiday decor!! 
More red, white and blue ideas to come!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the towels! I found some 4th of July items at Target for $1.

Jen
www.dishesandsocks.com

Jaclyn said...

very nice! I need to get some 4th of July decorations up around here!