Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Introducing...Krafting with Kristen!

I am so excited to announce a new series of projects for this summer all created by my bonus daughter KRISTEN!!  She's incredible crafty and creative and LOVES being on the computer, so I thought we could put her two hobbies together, teach her a few things, create some cool stuff together and share it with all of the It's Toile Good readers! 
 
Take it away Kristen....


Hi my name Kristen.  I am 9 years old. I like crafting because it is entertaining and my bonous mom has craft stuff out all the time so I like to be part of it.  My favorite part of crafting is painting pictures and just having fun with it!!  The first project thatt I am going to share with you is popsicle stick bracelets.

These are super easy.  First you have to soak the popsicle sticks in water over night.  We used fat  popsicle sticks because they will bend easer than the skinny ones.  We used colored popsicle sticks and put them in seperate coantianers so the colors wouldn't come together.
Whenever the sticks were bendy we took them out of the water and formed them in a glass and let them dry another night.
 
I used paint and ribons to decorate them but you could use almost anything. We let them dry and then we had ourselves some bracletes!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy to share my first project with you.  It was so fun and I hope I can make my own T-shirt next time!!

(I'm such a proud Bonus Momma right now!  She did this all herself with very little help from me! Can't wait to make T-shirts next!  If you liked this first project and this series idea, please spread the word - she'd be tickled!  Thanks guys!)

3 comments:

Deborah March said...

GREAT craft idea young Kristin! Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Kelly said...

Yay, little K! What a great way to spend your time this summer!

Julie said...

You go girl! Like mother, like daughter! Kristin, thanks so much for sharing this! I don't have any little girls, but I do have some neices who are coming to visit me soon. I will have to do this craft with them! It's so cool!! GREAT job!!