Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Busy Boy Bulletin Board

My son just completed his first year of school (it was really a Mother's Day Out program, but it's school to me) and has become quite the artist.  I needed a place to display his creations in his room and decided the easiest way to do it was on a bulletin board.  We had a large one that was collecting dust in the garage, just waiting for a makeover.  Here she is now...
I'm pretty sure I saw this idea years ago in a Family Fun magazine or on a crafty website somewhere, but it's been so long, I have no idea who or where to appropriately credit.  I taped off the frame and painted the cork part with chalkboard paint to use it as a message board for him as well.  Then I collected all kinds of small toys and knick knacks, heated up the ole' glue gun and started stickin' stuff onto the frame.
 french fries and letters...
old keys and Mr. Potato Head feet...
pinwheels, collar stays and puzzle pieces!

I just rotate out the art work as he brings it home!  
It's a unique, conversation piece in his room that is also, a functional art display!
I'll be linking up to THESE great parties and our very own 

Happy Craftin'

8 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

CUTE!!! He has to be thrilled with such a big boy board.

Julie said...

Very creative!!!

Tanya @ Greetings From the Asylum said...

I love this! My son would love it too! Thanks for sharing!

AllieMakes! said...

Super cute! Great job!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

AmieAnn said...

This is sooo stinking adorable! Love the way you used his old toys and pieces of this and that to create such a cute display board! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with the pink hIppo Party.. can't wait to see what you share this week!

Karen @ Goodbyecityhellosuburb said...

Great idea- I love mothers who encourage art- my mom did it when I was three and i haven't stopped creating since! I would love it if you shared this @ Workshop Wednesday!

Mindie Hilton said...

I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

Come strut your stuff.

Karen @ Goodbyecityhellosuburb said...

Thanks for sharing this @ WorkShop Wednesday! I hope to see you again this week!