Friday, May 6, 2011

Last couple teacher appreciation ideas

So I wrote up 10 more thank you notes last night and a batch of rice crispie treats for teachers last night. I printed off some home made bag toppers, formed each treat into a rock shape and coated it in melted chocolate.  Here's what each of my daughter's 8th grade teachers are getting today. 


bad iphone pic-sorry
I know what you're thinking...that looks like a baggie of dog poo and I do feel bad that it didn't turn out how I had imagined.  I thought of doing cake balls covered in grey icing, but in the words of M'Lynn of Steel Magnolias, I can't even begin to think about how to make grey icing.  Anyhoo - I'm working with what I got here and that's all I had to send to school with her this morning.

And finally, last but not least, I sent off the youngest daughter with a few of these.  
Quote: A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others.

These dry erase boards are actually my friend Kelly's genius idea.  She bought shower board and cut it to a smaller size, drilled holes at the top and covered the edges with white electrical tape.  She actually made these as birthday party favors for her son's 4th birthday and had a few left over and gave them to me to use for teacher gifts!  How sweet is she?  I threaded a blue and white ribbon (our school colors!) through and added their name in silver paint pen at the top.  Then wrote the quote as a special message to share how much we appreciate their hard work. 

I say it every year, but I am really going to try harder to plan ahead for next year - at least a little bit - so no one has to go to school with gifts that look like bags of dog poo!  Thought that counts right?

Friday Favorites coming soon!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Love the rock idea! And your are most definitely right, it is the thought that counts!