Friday, May 20, 2011

Favorite Friday # 6


It occurred to me today that my son's 4th birthday party is rapidly approaching and I've done nothing to plan for it.  I typically like to host parties in our home so I can decorate til my heart's content, but we have over 20 kids on the guest list this year, so I'm thinking we're going to be having it at our local air bounce play place.  I will still have a few tables and a party room to decorate and of course I want to make the cake, food and party favors extra special too.  He has mentioned wanting a space and robot themed party, so here are a few ideas that are inspiring me to get going!


Moon Sand!  My kids love this stuff!  Great goodie bag stuffer!
Source: Piece of Cake Party Girls
Love these fruit kebab rocket ships! Yummy and healthy!

Source: Adventures of a Rainbow Mama




These paper popcorn cones are great ideas!  I'm thinking of creating upside-down rockets with them.  Use red and yellow tissue as liners with the yellow popcorn to create "flames".
Photobucket
Source: Kara's Party Ideas
 By simply adding silver pipe cleaners around the handles, plastic ware gets a more futuristic feel!

robot kids party
Source: Hostess With the Mostess

 How cute are these robot cupcakes?!
robot cupcakes
Source: Hostess With The Mostess
 Moonpies and Starbursts!  Sooo clever!

space birthday party theme

space birthday party theme
Source: Hostess With The Mostess
We just got home from the Jumpy Place (the venue of the upcoming party) and it's going to be SUPER easy to decorate!  I can't say enough great things about this venue!  It's clean, its safe, it's super fun, the staff is amazingly helpful and friendly.  With a little bit of effort, I know he's going to LOVE this party!

Also, I'm torn on the decision to open the gifts at the party or wait to do it when we get home.  What's your preference?  As a party goer, do you like watching the gifts being opened or would you rather just enjoy the food and play?  Opinions please!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Stopping by from the tatertots and jello link up party. Those robot cupcakes are so cute! Have fun at the party.