Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another baby shower, another onesie!

One of my son's Pre K teachers is having a baby!  Her shower is tomorrow and I wanted to make something special for her new baby girl.

Started with a plain onesie and mixed up some fabric paint (craft paint and textile medium) and slipped a piece of wax paper into the onesie so keep the paint from bleeding onto the back.
Apply bead dots to the onesie with an eraser to form a necklace
iron to heat set the paint and hand sew on a few buttons and a bow for a little bling.
ta da!  Stay tuned for the easy socks I cutesied up for her too!

3 comments:

Marina said...

Oh my gosh that shirt idea is so cute!! I'm going to pin this idea! Thanks for sharing!
-Justsewsassy.com

Sunshine and Lavender said...

oh my... such a cute idea! :)

mark lawrence said...

Hey!!! I loved this cute top for the girl to come. This is really a great gift for a baby shower. I do love it. And have planned to give best things for my sister’s baby shower too that will be arranged at one of San Francisco venues. Want to make her day memorable one.