Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Quick & Easy Easter gifts for teacher

Last night I finally found the Easter decorations box!  Well, I thought it had decorations in it.  Turns out it only held the Easter baskets and my sad attempt at moss egg topiaries from last year.  As I was packing my son's lunch and stuffing his dozen eggs for school today, I realized I hadn't thought of a gift for his teachers. 

Luckily my Twitter friends chimed in with helpful ideas -thank you Sun and Lavender and Lemon Tree Likes for your help!!  Sun and Lavender had a terrific idea about personalized note pads that I'm def doing later in the year and Lemon Tree Likes came up with an afforable and useful idea that I'm hoping to make with my daughter for her teacher before the week is up!  Both ladies were teachers so I know their ideas will be a hit!


I decided that an Easter printable would be the fastest route for me last night.  I had a few wooden frames in the craft stash and when I found this simple and stylish He Is Risen printable from Tattered and Inked - I knew it would make a perfect gift!  My son goes to a church based Mother's Day Out Program two days a week, so I knew the printable would be appropriate and Kelsey cleverly included a chevron pattern, making this printable also quite chic!

Here's the quick How To on how I jazzed up the frame.
Dry brush the frame with the white craft paint
Eat some cereal for sustenance
Now's my fave part - I can't say enough about how awesome I think this stuff is!  Put a teeny tiny bit of Rub N Buff on your ring finger and apply to the raised parts of the frame.
Rub to smooth it all over and shine it up a bit.
Look how pretty it makes that frame!  and your finger!
Now just print that adorable He Is Risen artwork, cut it to size and place it into the frame.
Repeat for another teacher.
then make another for yourself to replace the aforementioned sad moss egg topiaries.

Quick, cute and DONE!
Thanks again to Kelsey at Tattered and Inked for the super terrific Easter printable!!
I'm hoping to share one more Easter idea with you later today...all depends on those nappin' babies!

1 comment:

Kelsey @ Tattered and Inked said...

Oh your frames look so gorgeous and it's fun to see my print being used :) Thanks so much for the shout-out and I'm so glad my printables worked for you!!! Can't wait to see what other easter goodies you have coming!