Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt Cereal Treats

So if you're like me, I don't plan on making the traditional bunny cake for Easter this year. 
http://pragmaticcompendium.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/easter_bunny_cake3.jpg
photo source here
My grandmother used to make them and they were yummy and adorable, but the baker and cake decorator gene must have skipped me.  I can however whip up a mean batch of Rice Krispie Treats and I added a few simple extras to this batch to make a fun dessert for Easter!

Super simple, but kinda cute - yes?  Here's what I did...
  • Make a batch of Rice Krispie Treats like you normally would and press them into a baking dish.  
  • Let them cool a bit in the fridge.  
  • Add a few drops of green food coloring to some white cake frosting and frost over the top.
  • Put a cup and a half of shredded coconut into a baggie and drop in a few drops of green food coloring.
  • Shake it up to make yourself some coconut "grass"
  • Sprinkle over top of frosting.
  • Nestle some peanut M&M's into the "grass" and you. are. done!

We tested these out last week and the kids loved em.  Well, actually everyone did!  What are you making for Easter dessert on Sunday?

No comments: