Sunday, March 13, 2011

Favorite Friday

Here in Texas, it's 75 and sunny and I have been itchin to break out my summer clothes. I LOVE and LIVE in linen in the dog days of summer, so this fabric has been on my mind lately!  I would love to whip up any of these creations!

I love the colors and the gathers on this linen tunic top. 
The empire waist is my favorite silhouette in a top too - helps camo the pouch!
Afternoon Company Dress
Love this Afternoon Company Dress by Paper Shooting Stars

I have come to LOVE headbands as of late. The strawberry print is precious and the pleats give it a polished look.  yes, please!
Summer Strawberry  Ruffle Band -  Linen Ruffle Headband with Ribbon Detail
Summer Strawberry Ruffle Headband from Paper Doll Accessories Shop

Love this hobo tote!  Great color and simple structure - perfecta!
Large Linen Charcoal Gray Slouch Bag
Large Linen Charcoal Gray Slouch Bag from Brooklyn Lotus Shop

Because one bag is never enough- love the ruffles and flower on this fun carryall!
Ruffled linen Handbag
Ruffled Linen Handbag from Dreyne's Shop


Love these drawstring linen pants.  Comfy, casual and breathable in the heat.  I'd pair with a structured shirt or fitted embellished tee so I didn't look like I was wearing my pj's!

Range 2 handkercheif linen drawstring pj pants - made to order
Linen PJ Pants (I would wear as regular pants) from Sand Maiden Sleepwear Shop

Cari Bradshaw started my love of flowers as accessories and this one is delish!
handmade linen rose pins
Handmade Linen Rose Pins from Dreyne's Shop



Retro bicycle print paired with grommet details on a tailored linen skirt?  
You betcha!
Linen Bicycle Skirt
Linen Bicycle Skirt by Donnaskirts' Shop

I love the asymmetrical hem on this shirred dress!  
And it has a pocket!  Dresses with pockets are GENIUS!
pure linen shirred tulip dress. one wing pocket. custom order listing
Pure Linen Shirred Tulip Dress from Annyschoo


 ...and because Summer isn't Summer without a great, dare I say perfect, pair of flip flops....these are my ab.so.lute fave!  Love that I get to change my mind and not break the bank or clutter my closet with a million pair of flip flops!  I actually this same pair and the straps on this one have a linen look to them as well!

Marine Silver Sandal from Lindsay Phillips Switch Flops

So - are you ready for Spring (aka the two weeks before Summer in Texas)?  
Or is it still cold where you are?

And PS - why do I always want to spell "linen" with 2 l's?



*note* Favorite Friday features are simply things Cari and I find on the web that we think have that something special.  We aren't compensated at all for our opinions, just like to spread the word on what's cool and where to get it!

No comments: