Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Espadrilles: From Sad to Fab

I bought this pair of green and white striped Espadrilles from Payless a couple years ago.  They are cute, but sadly, they just wouldn't stay on my feet.  Fixed that right up today and made them a tad cuter, if I do say so myself!

Started with this...

Cut off the elastic,
Cut holes and hammered in some grommets
Threaded through some ribbon...

Tied them on and voila - A pair of stylish shoes that STAY on!!
I'm thinking switching out the ribbon with a hot pink or bright yellow might just make these my new favorite pair of shoes for this summer!!

What do you think?  Better?



7 comments:

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

much cuter indeed!!! Saw these over at 733 blogspot's hop, and had to click on them! Great job :)

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

WOW!! Those are super cute! You gave me an idea for a pair that I have! THANK YOU!!!

Soccer Mom Style said...

Fabulous! I noticed your project on The Train To Crazy's link. Please check out my shoe DIY too.
xx
maya

Life in Rehab said...

Brilliant! And a whole lot more flirty.

...with ♥, Amber said...

OMY. Those are whatyou call adorable!

Real Life Reslers said...

ADORABLE!!! they are so much cuter your way.

J A C Q U E L I N E said...

Much better! It makes it look more Prada less payless you know what I mean