Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Festive Candlelight

Mom to Mom Gift Series
Part 6


Another cheap, quick, and kid-friendly gift...

So easy a preschooler can do it!

And I found it all at the Dollar Tree!
Glass vase/candleholder
Holiday tissue paper
Candle



plus your Mod Podge!

1. Tear up the tissue paper into small pieces (needed less than 1/4 of 2 coordinating sheets of tissue paper). My preschooler LOVED this part! ("I can tear it up, really?!")

2. Cover glass in Mod Podge. ("I can put this 'glue' anywhere I want it?!")

3. Lay pieces of tissue paper all over the glass. ("Anywhere I want to?!")

4. Cover tissue in some more Mod Podge. ("My hands are sticky.")

5. Let it dry. Add your candle. Take a pic. :) ("Can I see it??")

6 comments:

Van said...

I LOVE easy votives. A very satisfying craft to complete!

Please share this one on my holiday link share too if you can :) http://bit.ly/eEqNnT

Helena said...

Aww, your little guy is adorable.

Mod Podge Amy said...

This is so cute - the candlelight and the little one!

Renegades said...

What a neat gift that a child can do alone.

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

How cute! I'm looking for crafts to do with the boys during the Christmas break. I think this one would be great. Thanks for sharing.

CraftyMummy said...

These are so cute! Thanks for linking up to my blogpost!