Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Competing Clothespins

I just LOVE Fireflies and Jellybeans!  They are the first blog that helped me jump into the world of craft blogging!  Their Iron Crafter Competitions with the secret ingredient are so fun and were the first source of inspiration for me stop watching from the wings, and get in the craft blogging game.  I started with the Control Panel project and have entered a few more of these competitions.  They are always a terrific challenge and source of inspiration.  I love how they get my mind working!!

The latest competition Secret Ingredient is clothespins!  I already entered our Thanksgiving Teacher Gift project, but this Christmas project also came to mind.


I made these several years ago and have enjoyed decorating my home with them each year since.  It's a simple project with inexpensive supplies.  I took apart several clothes pins and hot glued them to a plastic dollar store frame.

Then spray painted the entire piece white.  I replaced the frame backing piece with a piece of sturdy felt and removed the glass.  I centered and hot glued an ornament to the felt and added a pretty ribbon for hanging.


I love how the clothespins add depth and texture to a once, very blah frame.  Has a cottage-y feel to me and I love decorating with them each Christmas!  Off of enter in the Iron Crafter contest!  Wish me luck!!



3 comments:

Kell said...

What a clever idea, and great use of dollar store finds! Good luck!

Jeff Hardy said...

thanx for this interesting posting. I'm a ironmongery manufacturers and looking for ironmongery suppliers.

Beth@The Stories of A2Z said...

What a great and unique way to use your clothespins!