Need a quick, easy, affordable gift giving idea? Can it! (literally!) Recycle tin cans (pop top preferred) into adorable gifting containers.
- Decide you want soup for lunch
- Open can of soup from the bottom using a smooth edge can opener
- Eat soup
- Rinse can and remove label.
- Measure and cut decorative holiday scrapbook paper to cover outside of can
- Adhere with hot glue
- Cover rough cut edges by hot gluing ribbon or scrap fabric to top and bottom of can, thus hiding poor cutting job
- Tie ribbon and fabric scraps to pop top ring
- Fill can with goodies (cookies, candy, gift certificates, tickets, earrings, whatever your heart desires. Maybe don't refill it with soup though)
- Gorilla glue, or super glue can back together and let dry. ("Can It" tip: Hot glue is too thick and will not allow bottom of can to lie flat and back in its original position. Thinner glue will work better)