Friday, November 12, 2010

Pinecone Tassel: Terrific or Terrible?

Hey y'all - need your help.  Loving these decorative tassels!  I thought I could use a pinecone for the topper to create a holiday themed tassel.  Here's what I came up with. 

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.  What do yall think?  Does it need more ribbon and less fabric scraps.  (I don't have any holiday ribbon on hand and I'm not about to step foot into Hob Lob because I always end up spending a bajillion dollars there and I need to be saving my pennies for Christmas gifts - you know what I mean?)  Does it need more layers?  Should the ribbons be longer?  shorter?  Looking at these examples, it seems that I probably need to add some fringe.  But I'd love to hear your ideas!  Thanks guys!  Craft on!

1 comment:

Beth Adams said...

It looks good but if you want "more" try adding some glitter. Maybe silver glitter. That should give it that extra umph.
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/