Thursday, November 11, 2010

Making a spectacle

A new friend of mine is having a birthday tomorrow and I wanted to make her gift.  I'm usually terribly indecisive on what to get, but thought that a necklace would be something anyone would love.  So I created this initial pendant necklace for her! 

Do you think she'll like it?  Wanna make one for yourself?  Here's how...

Materials

  • Find old pair of glasses and pop out one lens.
  • Find pretty paper for decorative background

  •  Cut paper to size of lens
  • Find letter sticker and place where desired on paper
  • Apply diamond glaze to back side of lens
  • Place paper to back of lens
  • Apply another layer of diamond glaze to coat paper
  • Glue bail to the back at top
  • Let dry overnight
  • Thread chain through
PS- Bet you can't guess how I made that hurricane candle holder!  Love me a good Dollar Tree craft!

Going to be linking up to some lovely linky partays!  Come on over and be inspired!


    4 comments:

    sunniedawns said...

    I love it A, I know what I will be making for my nieces and nephews this Christmas :)

    AllieMakes! said...

    That is really cool! What a fab idea!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    Rebecca said...

    What a great personalized gift-the very best kind!!!

    malia said...

    really clever! did she love it? i'd be so touched if someone made me a gift!
    malia
    www.yesterdatontuesday.com