Friday, November 12, 2010

First food post. Please lower your expectations.

In Texas the weather is fickle.  One week its cold, the next rainy, the next hot.  Today it's 81 degrees and muggy outside (bleck).  I want the cool, windy, snuggle-with-your-family weather back, so I am tempting its return by making some cold weather food.  Our new HEB (best grocery store ever) has Honey Crisp apples on sale today so I grabbed a bagful to make a yummy, steamy batch of cinnamon apples!
My mom shared this recipe with me and it's awesome.  Super easy and extra yummy and healthy! (so basically perfect)
Peel your apples (I used 4 large apples), core them and chop into 1" pieces.
Toss them into your crock pot.
Add a tablespoon of sugar (we use Splenda), a teaspoon of cinnamon and a teaspoon of nutmeg.

Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.  Cozy up with a warm bowl and hope for a chill in the air.  It's also great on vanilla ice cream too for a special dessert!

 yummmm!

2 comments:

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

Those sound yummy! I may have to try them this weekend, we just happen to have a fruit basket full of apples.

And I hear you about the Texas weather...enough summer already!

Betty said...

Excellent recipe! I never thought to put them in my crock pot! I usually use a skillet and put sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and kind of stir fry.

Thanks for the tip!