Saturday, October 16, 2010

Embellishing the boy

I love everything about my boys (ok, well maybe not their innate disposition to find flatulence hilarious) but getting them all gussied up can be well, "blah".  Boy clothes can be so uninspiring sometimes! Here are a couple ideas I borrowed from some brilliant crafters to jazz up a simple onesie and knit pants.

Cheri at I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar has me hooked on mustaches! She has so many terrific projects for her little men and the mustaches just make me smile! I appliqued a denim mustache to this striped onesie and poof - instant amusement for Mommy!


Dana at Made created these adorable knee patch pants. Her crazy sewing skills have me green with envy and I love the projects she whips up for her little guy. Since I'm too lazy to make custom pants for my dude, I just borrowed her knee patch idea to spruce up a pair of ho-hum pants. Cut some ovals from an old pair of jeans to make denim patches.  Stitched them on and now they have completely new appeal, not to mention being great for his little crawling knees!

claps for knee patches

So with some old jeans and some hand me down baby boy clothes and about 30 minutes, my little guy has a spiffy new ensemble! Sometimes a little goes a long way! What is your latest, favorite quick and easy project? 


Ok - this pic is just cuz I think he's cute!

Happy Saturday!


Linking up with the Party Time page!

8 comments:

Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower!! I found you on the weekend linky:)
I love finding new blogs and your is lovely! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

whilehewasnapping said...

What a cutie! I love this. So easy! Thanks again for linking up with While He Was Napping!

Krista

Mormishmom said...

Ahh! Love the mustache shirt! Thanks for linking up to TOO Cute Tuesday!

http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/

Chanda Vanderweide said...

hello Im a new follower from the wondering wed. blog hop, would love to have you follow me back!
http://mommaneedsablog.blogspot.com

Tricia said...

It is so difficult to find cute new ideas for dressing boys. I love the mustache.

I'm having a top week at my blog "Top-toberfest". I'd love it if you came and linked up this post. Feel free to link up any other top related projects that you've worked on.


http://leafytreetopspot.blogspot.com/p/top-toberfest.html

Tricia

Allie said...

Cute! Awesome job!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie.
I can't wait to see what you have next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Kim said...

That's a good idea, it will really save his pants.

Life in Rehab said...

Cute?!?!?! How have you not EATEN that chubulence? He's gorgeous! He pulls that outfit off like a pro.