Wednesday, October 6, 2010

5....4.....3....2.....BOO!

I love an.ti....ci...pa....tion!  (haha!)
don't you?

Having something to look forward to makes the day-to-day hum drum seem more exciting!

Which is why I love the idea of having countdowns!  New Years Eve countdowns, Picture taking countdowns (3,2,1 Say cheese!), countdown calendars, countdown paper chains, countdown blocks....love all of it!

I saw this adorable idea over at Ponytails and Fishscales for these Halloween Countdown Blocks!  I've been wanting some countdown blocks for a while.  I've seen many tutes for the wooden countdown blocks, but Tere's version is such a perfect idea for me since its easier for me to whip up something on the sewing machine than to go find wood, a saw and sanding paper!


Here's my copy cat version!  Love them!

Thanks to Tere for sharing her genius!  Lots more fun over at her blog!  Go check it out!!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love these, I think they'd be perfect for any holiday.

whilehewasnapping said...

Wow! This is fantastic! I hope you'll come link it up to my Halloween party this weekend. www.whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com. It would be such a great addition! It looks wonderful!

Krista

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

SUPER CUTE! I saw them over at Pony Tails and loved them. Isn't it great to get some inspiration from others and then use it to make your own super cute stuff?? Thanks a bunch for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

Christy said...

this is an adorable idea....i love countdowns when they work in my favor..but they do freak me out a bit when i am clearly not ready! :)

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! Hope you'll join us at the newest one, it begins tomorrow!

That is a very fun idea indeed and I like how you only will have to store too fabric boxes. It will be great fun to take them out year after year.