Monday, September 27, 2010

Halloween Wreath

I've been inspired!  There are a million ADORABLE Halloween wreath's out there right now and I have to HAVE one!!  Here's the one I whipped up.  Literally - in like 15 minutes!



You'll need...
1 wire hanger
1/2 yard black burlap
1/2 yard Halloweenish fabric

Cut 4 - 5.5" wide and 44" long strips of black burlap.
Cut 2 - 3.5" wide and 44" long strips of Halloween fabric
Sew the ends of 2 burlap pieces together  to make 1 long 88" strip of fabric
Repeat for the other two burlap pieces and the Halloween pieces
Stack the 2 burlap strips with the Halloween fabric on top centering it between the outer edges of the burlap



Sew all three pieces together with 2 seams.  Each seam is a 1/4" from  the outer edge of the Halloween fabric.  This will leave you with a 3 inch pocket between the burlap pieces.


Slip the straightened end of the hanger through the pocket in the burlap.  Feed the entire length of fabric onto the hanger.  Reshape the hanger into a circle shape and re-twist the two ends together, securing the wreath form.


Rip a 4" strip of fabric and tie at top to hide the hanger and the ends of the fabric.  Pull a few strands of the burlap loose to fray the edges.

Hang and admire!

Tomorrow's project is to find the other Halloween decor in the scary, unorganized craft closet!

Linking up to some fun linky shin digs! Consider this your personal invite to CREATIVE OVERLOAD!!





Because I love a challenge!


crystals craft spot

Wow! We are so flattered!
As seen on CraftGossip.com

20 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

You clever clever woman. LOVE the orange fabric on the black burlap, what a smart way to dress up your wreath and the contrast between the fabric and the rough burlap is wonderful. I may just have to copy you on this one!

MJ said...

Such a good idea! I have burlap (or what I think is burlap) but then in white. Maybe a candycorn look will go with that... Must try this :) Thanx for sharing!

Classy Clutter said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Someday Crafts Link Party! SOOOO ADORABLE! Fabulous job! I just made a black burlap wreath today!

Check it out here!
http://classyclutter.blogspot.com/2010/09/burlap-halloween-wreath-make-this-for-5.html

Sue said...

Quick easy and PRETTY!!

I am a new follower would love a follow back

http://theseareafewofmyfavoritethings-sue.blogspot.com

Kim said...

This is so cute, Miss Toile. I like that you used black burlap for a change. (You know, not the natural color.)

Krista said...

Such a great wreath! I actually have all the materials on hand. Thanks!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sooooo SIMPLE and soooo CUTE!!! HAPPY FALL!

Blessings,
Linda

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Great tutorial! Thanks for linking this one up to Thrilling Thursdays too!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So so cute! I shared it on my TT&J FB page.

xox
Jen

Krista said...

I love this wreath. Polka Dots are so cute.

Anna Sams said...

This is so cute, and soooo super simple! Love it!I found you on Frou Frou Decor's linky party and had to come by! I am going to follow your blog and would love to have you come over and join my party at Moon River and maybe even follow me?
Anna :)
http://moonriver74@blogspot.com/

Ash said...

I love that this doesn't require an expensive base, I can't believe how much styrofoam coats! So cute and assessable! Thanks for sharing.

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

That is darling. I love the tutorial on it. Never thought of using burlap! Thanks for sharing!

Misty said...

Cute wreath! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Very nice!! Love how you used the fabric with it!!

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

Oh my, that's very striking and eye catching! Really like how it starts with a hanger, one most of us have in the closet so no need to run out and get a foam one. I bet the burlap gives it such a nice natural texture. Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! Please join us next time too!

Amanda said...

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :)

Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/black-wreaths/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Crystal said...

That's adorable! Great job.

SHERRY HART said...

Dang...you are one crafty chic! Martha better watch out!

Kelsey said...

oh wow- I LOVE this! Yours is beautiful- I'm going to link it to my post so that people can see both versions if that's alright! Thanks for letting me know of your wreath- I adore it. :)