Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Flower Power

I heart Carrie Bradshaw (yes, I know she's not "real").




I love her hair, her shoes, her friends and her FLOWERS!

So that's why I love this necklace from the Polka Dot Chair too!





Here's my version...(I cheated, imagine that)


I didn't buy lengths of chain, but bought pre-made necklaces that already had the lobster clasps on them.  Just used two 18 inch (different types of chain) and one 13 inch necklace (same as one longer chain).

Make one looooong chain by linking the lobster clasp of one 18 inch necklace to the end of the other 18 inch necklace.  Then add the shorter necklace by using the lobster clasp on the short necklace to catch the chain end (non clasp-y end) of the longer necklace.  Then use the lobster clasp in the middle of the "looooong" chain to catch the end of the "non clasp-y" end of the short necklace.  Follow me? good.

just click on the image if you want to see it larger


Make as many flowers (from all the brilliant tutorials on flower making that are around in blog land) as your heart's content.  Add small link rings and pins to the back of each flower.


Switch out flowers on the necklace by catching the link rings on the back of the flower with the lobster clasps.  Pin to your outfit so the flower doesn't flip over while wearing it.  (Great tip from Melissa).



Work your little Carrie Bradshaw wanna be self!!



Check out these awesome parties for other mega creative fun!!

11 comments:

Robyn@Something Pretty said...

So cute, thanks for sharing! Visiting from Tute-in Tuesday!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

This is really so beautiful - what a fun necklace.

Mrs.V said...

Super Cute! I love that you can easily swap out the flowers. Great job!

Donene said...

What a clever idea!I love the flowers!
I need your help, recently I had a post on some weight that I lost and I am in a contest and I need your vote! Please go to the link below or visit my blog(http://easypeasygrandma.blogspot.com/2010/09/little-shrug-and-great-contest.html) for more details. I am very close to winning and I would love your support. If you already voted my deepest thanks! http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lehi-UT/Kristi-Approved/391083710513?ref=ts

Kim said...

That is so cute. I like that you used it on a longer length necklace, not right up at your throat. Good job. Thanks for linking.

Heather said...

Very Cute! I love how simple it is yet so cute! Thanks for linking up!!

Theresa said...

I have been rosette/flower obsessed for weeks now! Your necklace is beautiful! If you're interested in seeing my rosettes, hop on over to alliswellathome.blogspot.com and take a peek!
I'm visiting from Fabulous Friday Finds at Frou Frou Decor.
Cheers!
Theresa

Melissa said...

Cute, love that you can change out the flowers with different outfits!

Courtney said...

This is great!

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

Soon, you're going to have a whole garden of those lovelies! It's so great when you can figure out how to make something and customize it for yourself. I bet lots of your friends would love to get some as gifts too. Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree! I hope you'll come back next week and link up again!

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I hope to see you again this week :)
~Lori S.
Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions