Sunday, September 19, 2010

Craft-a-palooza

Yesterday my girls and I decided to craft 'til we dropped!  They got a little sewing machine time and some glue gun practice and here's what we came up with!!

FLOWERS!

Baby shoes
too bad little man didn't like wearing them - Etsy shop maybe?


Tutus, Onesies and Headbands
for new baby niece

Superhero cape
for new "big brother" nephew so he doesn't feel left out

Embellished Tee

Burp cloth & Bib
proudly sewn by my 8 year old!

I have to admit, that I am not always patient in sharing my craft space or helping with the how to of things, but seeing the joy on their face when they completed a project was totally awesome!  We made a huge mess and I think ended up with one glue gun burn, but overall, really enjoyed our crafty day.

Come join the party!  Check out where I'm sharing our crafty fun and get even more inspired to go create!

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love the tutu!

AmieAnn said...

These are all super cute! What a great way to spend time together.. Love the booties.. so sad that all the feet in my house are too big for them!

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

These all look great! I think the super hero cape is my favorite though.

Life in Rehab said...

It's always fun to pass those skills on, and boy, will they remember the time you spent with them.

Whitney said...

I'm following back from Diary of a Preppy Mom and so far I absolutley love what I see - I can't wait to come read more! :) So cute!!! I'm going to try the cape sometime soon - I have 4 nephews that would love that!

Theresa said...

What a crafty day - wow! Love it all but am especially drawn to the flowers and the tutu - thanks for sharing!
Theresa

The Paisley Abbey said...

That is all so cute! The tutu outfit is my favorite!

:)
Courtney
ThePaisleyAbbey.com

Staci J said...

that is so cute that your girls sewed with you!! Great job, everything is adorable!! I LOVE those shoes!

Kim said...

Those are great projects, I especially like the embellished tee. Good for you for getting your girls sewing early.

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Absolutely darling! Thanks for linking this up to Thrilling Thursday too!

~Lori S.
Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

Oh for goodness sake how much cuteness can we take at once. You girls had a grand ol' time! I love the embellished tee and can't believe those little shoes weren't a hit! The fabric reminds me of my favorite giant mom bag so I'm partial to it! But then again, I've always thought making a super hero cape would be fun for my daughter but when I showed her some she gave me, the "look". So I knew better than to try. For some reason she thinks they are too boyish, even the pink ones. Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree! I hope you'll come back next week and link up again!

malia said...

You are so productive AND it's all darling!!