Monday, August 16, 2010

Trees for Tessa

I saw this post  over at At Second Street and thought it would make a terrific project for my nephew to contribute something to his soon to arrive sisters nursery.  Because I can't ever get my act together when I need to, I only was able to involve him in the tracing of his hands, but know that he would have LOVED to get messy making this one of a kind art project!  It was really very simple to make, but the end result is so special and really beautiful (if I do say so myself)

Finished artwork!  I love how the trunks look like they are reaching out for a hug - a hug for baby sister! 





Linking up to these awesome parties and one super cool parade!  Come check out all the amazing Modge Podge ideas!

http://www.fingerprintsonthefridge.com/2009/06/parties.html

Show and Tell Green

HookingupwithHoH

Visit thecsiproject.com

8 comments:

decor4poor@blogspot.com said...

I love it! So cute. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Aubrey@My Forever House said...

Adorable! Need to find a place in my house for this!

Kelly Polizzi said...

cute name for a blog! thanks for the follow and for your sweet words. Following you back.

Cari said...

Yeah!! She's going to love it!!

Jill said...

Really cute! As a bonus he can measure how much his hands grow too!

Michelle said...

What a great take on a traditional project! So cute!

AmieAnn said...

I love the hand tree.. Looks like a great project for my Brownie troop for Mother's day or Valentine's day. What a sweet idea!
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

Stef said...

This is so adorable! It really turned out beautifully! Thanks for linking up to the Creative Chicks Parade!

Stef
Girl.Inspired.