- Cut square from fabric (any shape or any fabric really) I think I might try fleece next time because it doesn't fray and I could work with the project right side out.
- Cut ribbon into 3 and 4 inch lengths. I used 5 tags per side, but could be more or less.
- Pin right sides together with ribbon sandwiched in between wrong side out
- Repeat for 2 other sides
- I added a "W" to each side as an applique. I practiced sewing with my eyes closed on this part. Kidding - my applique skills are beginner to say the least.
- For the final edge, flip blankie right side out
- Cut a wipes plastic wrapper to fit inside blankie and position inside of blanket so it lies (lays?) flat
- Turn raw edges over and pin ribbon between
- Sew a zig zag stich about a half inch inside the finished edges to "quilt" the wipes piece to the outer pieces.
- Share with baby
Also made this stuffed toy with tags (which am now noticing could be a terrific dog toy as well!)
Don't the yellow tags look like bananas for the monkeys?
I chopped up some of my daughters out grown jeans to make these little cuties (note to self: buy more jeans BEFORE she goes back to school)
I'm linking up to these great parties...