Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hoot Hoot I'm Cute!

To try and incorporate the owl theme a bit more into her room, I decided to make these cute little owls: (cute little boy won't get out of the way!)

Ok, so some of them look a bit more like bunnies. Maybe rounding them out a bit would be smarter. Then they would actually better match the Circo Love and Nature owl print that inspired this whole room...

...ah, next time...

Anyway, I used these cute little guys to successfully turn this (kind of creepy) San Antonio Spurs basketball mobile that big brother had into this:

All it takes is a bit of coordinating fabric, poly-fil (or other stuffing), felt (for the eyes and beak) and ribbon! (And maybe a better artist/homemade pattern for sketching the owls!)

Go check out the PARTY PAGE to find a bajillion more awesome crafters and their projects!

18 comments:

nap time journal said...

If you like owls check out my owl pattern in my etsy shop :) I have a link to it on my blog!

I love the owl mobile. I just may have to change up the one i have hanging up right now :) Thanks for the idea!!

billiemonster said...

your lil owls are so cute! :o)

Crystal said...

those are so cute! I love owls.

Heather said...

I think they turned out cute. Cute background to! Thaks for linking up!

Randi said...

Very cute!

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

Aw these are so cute!!!!

www.nicegirlnotes.com said...

Those are adorable!! I'm a sucker for cute little owls. :)

I♥naptime w/ Chocolate Sundaes said...

cute owls!! I'm so glad you tried out the flowers! you'll have to post pic's soon, I want to see!

Liz Taylor said...

These are so adorable! You did a great job. I'm just getting into owls now. Thanks for the idea.
Liz
http://projectnaptime.blogspot.com/

Amy @ Chicy-Creations said...

That's adorable! I don't think they look like bunnies at all :)

FrouFrouBritches said...

That is precious! I love it! I just made an owl pillow for my niece. The link to the tutoiral is on my blog if you're interested. I got it from Toad's Treasures.

JHill said...

Very, very cute! Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!!

AmieAnn said...

I am totally owl obsessed! If I had a baby girl that is exactly what I would make for her! It is too stinkin cute! Great Job!
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

I love it, I've been thinking and thinking about that owl print. I love it too. I did break down and get a measurement chart in a similar style. You are too hard on yourself, the owls are darling☺

Terrell said...

Waaay precious!!

Kelly Polizzi said...

oh how cute! great job.

Michelle @ Sweet Something said...

I love owls! Really cute job!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is so cute! What a great idea reusing the old mobile. Love it!